A. G. Condon, Jr.Retired
Al Condon received his bachelor's degree, cum laude, from Vanderbilt University in 1956 before serving two years as a United States Marine Corps infantry officer. He then attended the University of Florida College of Law, where he served as an executive editor of the University of Florida Law Review.
Al Condon received his bachelor’s degree, cum laude, from Vanderbilt University in 1956 before serving two years as a United States Marine Corps infantry officer. He then attended the University of Florida College of Law, where he served as an executive editor of the University of Florida Law Review.
Upon his graduation from law school in 1961, he joined a large firm in Tampa, Florida, where he primarily focused on civil litigation. He joined the firm four years later and distinguished himself as a premier civil trial attorney, especially in the area of defense litigation. He was rated an AV attorney in Martindale Hubbell.
Mr. Condon was a former Special Counsel to the Governor of Florida, a past President of the Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association, a past member of the Board of Governors of The Florida Bar, and an emeritus member of The Florida Board of Bar Examiners. He was Florida Bar board certified in civil trial law and was admitted to practice in all Florida state courts, the United States District Court for the Northern District, and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals. He was a member of the International Association of Defense Counsel, the American Board of Trial Advocates, and the American Inns of Court, Pensacola Chapter.
Mr. Condon retired from the full-time practice of law in October 2010.
- University of Florida College of Law, 1961,
- University of Florida Law Review, Executive Editor
- Vanderbilt University, cum laude, 1956
Professional Work Experience
- Director, Emmanuel Sheppard & Condon, 1965
- Associate, Shackleford, Farrior, Stallings, & Evans,
- Tampa, FL, 1961-1965
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Board Certified Civil Trial Lawyer by The Florida Bar
- Admitted to all Florida State Courts
- Admitted to the United States District Court for the Northern District of Florida
- Admitted to the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeals
- Admitted to the Fifth United Stated Circuit Court of Appeals
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association, past President
- International Association of Defense Counsel
- American Board of Trial Advocates, Advocate
- American Bar Association
- First Judicial Circuit, past Member Grievance Committee, Judicial Nominating Commission
- Florida Defense Lawyers Association
- Pensacola Chapter of the American Inns of Court, Master
- Florida Supreme Court Civil Jury Instruction Committee
- The Federal Bar Association
- The Florida Bar, Board of Governors, Member 1990 – 1994
- The Florida Board of Bar Examiners, Member 1980-1985; currently Emeritus Member
- Board of Governors Young Lawyers Section, Member 1968
- Special Counsel to Florida Governor Bob Graham, 1982
- Florida Super Lawyer, 2008: Named one of Florida’s top lawyers, as chosen by his peers, blue ribbon panel review, and through the Independent Research of Law and Politics, a distinction reserved for the top 5% of Florida attorneys in their respective areas of practice.
- Big Brothers/Big Sisters, past Board Member
- Pensacola Catholic High School, Development Council
- Pensacola Historical Advisory Committee, Member 1966-1967
- Junior Chamber of Commerce, past Member of the Board of Directors
- Mental Health Association of Escambia County, past Board Member and President
- YMCA Pensacola, past Member of Board of Directors
- Pensacola Sports Association, past Member of the Board of Directors
- City of Pensacola Planning Board, past Member
- Legislative Local Government Study Commission, past Member
- Board of Trustees of University Hospital, past Member and Chairman
- City of Pensacola Recreation Board, Member
- Escambia County Education Advisory Committee, Member 1966-1967
- Order of Tristan, past Member; President, 1975
- Pensacola Chamber of Commerce
- Diocese of Pensacola-Tallahassee Education Foundation, Board Member
- Diocesan Medal of Honor for Lifetime Achievement