Alan Sheppard’s love of law dates back prior to World War II. He began his career as a secretary in a prominent law firm here in Pensacola. It was there that he began his study of the law under an attorney preceptor. In 1942 his studies were interrupted by a tour of duty with the U.S. Army Air Corps.
Upon completion of his tour in 1945, Alan went on to finish his studies through the LaSalle Extension University earning his LLB. He passed the Florida Bar Exam in 1947.
- LaSalle Extension University, LLB, 1947
Professional Work Experience
- Partner, Emmanuel, Sheppard & Condon, 1952-1990;
- Of Counsel, 1991-2013
- Associate, Yonge, Beggs & Lane, 1948-1949
- Pensacola Lions Club, past President
- Pensacola Yacht Club, past Commodore
- Gulf Yachting Association, past Commodore
- Charter Member of F.M. Weston Audubon Society
- Navy League
- Knights of Columbus