Warren R. Todd has been a personal injury and wrongful death lawyer with Emmanuel Sheppard & Condon for more than thirty years. He is AV rated by Martindale Hubbell and is distinguished as a “Top Rated Lawyer” in the Personal Injury area of practice. He has also been recognized as a member of the National Trial Lawyers Top 100 Civil Plaintiff Lawyers.
During his legal career, Warren has successfully represented more than one thousand personal injury victims. His clients have included victims of automobile accidents, trucking accidents, drunk driving accidents, a natural gas explosion, injuries from dangerous or defective products, dog bite injuries, and injuries from dangerous conditions on commercial, residential, and public property including slip, trip, fall, and crush injuries. The claims for which Warren has recovered compensation for his clients have ranged from loss of life to significant injuries including brain injuries, disfiguring burns and scars, broken bones, herniated discs, and various surgical injuries to serious but non-surgical injuries including whiplash, facet joint injuries, and bulging discs.
Warren genuinely cares about his clients. He works tirelessly to recover the compensation his clients deserve and strives to make himself available to guide and inform his clients through the process. Warren uses his years of experience to develop strategies to favorably settle many injury and death cases without litigation.
He is a skilled and experienced litigation and trial lawyer. Warren has tried personal injury cases to juries in almost every courthouse in Northwest Florida including Escambia County, Santa Rosa County, Okaloosa County (both Ft. Walton and Crestview), and in the Federal Court for the Northern District of Florida (Pensacola).
Warren is actively involved in the legal community. He is a member of the Florida Justice Association, the American Association for Justice (Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway, and Premises Liability Section), the Trial Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar, and the Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association. Warren was elected President and served on the Board of Directors of the First Circuit Trial Lawyers Association, and he was President of the Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association. Warren currently serves the Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association as Immediate Past President.
In 1998 and 2001 Warren was selected by The Florida Bar to write a chapter in the Florida Automobile Insurance Law manual regarding financial responsibility and compulsory insurance laws. The Florida Automobile Insurance Law manual is a publication used by personal injury lawyers throughout the state of Florida.
Warren is admitted to practice in Florida, the Federal Court for the Northern District of Florida, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit. He has also co-counseled on serious injury cases outside the state of Florida. He graduated magna cum laude from Samford University’s Cumberland School of Law where he was a member of the National Trial Team, the Trial Advocacy Board, and the Cumberland Law Review. He received academic honors including induction into Curia Honoris and Phi Kappa Phi. Warren obtained his undergraduate degree in Marketing with honors at Florida State University.
- Emmanuel Sheppard & Condon: 1990-present
- Florida State University, B.S., Marketing, with honors, 1987
- Cumberland School of Law at Samford University, J.D., magna cum laude, 1990; Curia Honoris; Phi Kappa Phi; Cumberland Law Review; Trial Advocacy Board; National Trial Team
- Florida Bar
- All Florida State Courts
- United States District Court, Northern District of Florida and the Eleventh Circuit Court of Appeal
Professional & Community Affiliations
- The Florida Justice Association
- The First Circuit Justice Association
- President, 2004-2005
- The American Justice Association, Motor Vehicle Collision, Highway & Premises Liability Section
- Florida Bar Association: Trial Lawyers Section
- Escambia-Santa Rosa Bar Association
- Immediate Past President (2020-Present)
- President (2019 – 2020)
- Secretary (2017 – 2018)
- Treasurer (2016 – 2017)
- Executive Council (2014 – 2016)
- President of the Young Lawyers Division (1998 – 1999)
- Cokesbury United Methodist Church
- UWF Legal Studies Advisory Board
Recognition & Awards
- Top Rated Personal Injury Lawyer
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell