Emmanuel, Sheppard & Condon is looking for experienced real estate closers/paralegals to be responsible for the preparation, assembly, and verification of files for residential and commercial real estate closings.
Submit your resume and cover letter to HR@esclaw.com.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Group Life Insurance/LTD
- Paid Holidays
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- College degree or paralegal certificate preferred
- 3+ years real estate experience preferred
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The individual must have the ability to perform multiple tasks for separate transactions simultaneously and accurately in a time critical environment. Strong software skills and knowledge of real estate closing protocol are essential to be successful in this position. Verbal and written communication skills must be strong. Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed for productive interaction with multiple parties associated with each closing. The ability to thrive under pressure, effectively prioritize and manage tasks will be essential. The ability to work independently with the knowledge of when to ask for guidance is required. The ability to work well in a team environment is also required. In addition, to perform the job at its optimal level, the individual must possess a thorough understanding of real estate and associated loan closing documentation and have a clear understanding of the CFPB compliance/RESPA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for determining and obtaining all necessary information to complete a real estate closing, including preparation of final itemized Closing Disclosure and/or Settlement Statement.
- Responsible for reviewing title commitments and title policies thoroughly.
- Analyze and interpret real estate contracts, supporting legal authority, loan closing instructions, and lender closing packages.
- Must coordinate and obtain all necessary information as needed from lenders, realtors, local regulatory entities, etc.
- Responsible for proper disbursement of funds and accounting, as well as recording of documents and issuance of final policies.
- Must be flexible regarding work schedule to handle early or late closings, and/or arrival of last-minute closing packages.
- Other duties as assigned.
- For physical demands of this position see Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.