Emmanuel Sheppard & Condon is looking for a Legal Assistant in our South Walton office to enhance attorney effectiveness by providing information management support and representing the attorney to clients and others. Assist attorney(s) with preparation of legal documents, correspondence, etc. Perform general secretarial duties such as filing, scanning, transcription, time keeping, scheduling and
answering phones. Competitive pay and benefits package.
Submit your resume and cover letter to KMK@esclaw.com.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Group Life Insurance/LTD
- Paid Holidays
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- 2 years of law firm legal assistant experience preferred, but not required.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
The individual must have strong typing skills and the ability to operate general office equipment, such
as telephones, copiers, printers, fax, and postage machines. Familiarity with legal terminology and
procedures. Experience with case management software preferred. Strong organizational skills and
the ability to multi-task. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications. Must have excellent written
and interpersonal skills, with attention to detail.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics. Coordinating case preparation.
- Filing and electronic filing
- Client contact/client relations
- Drafting letters/pleadings/orders
- Editing and proofreading documents
- Time entry
- Set up new files and close files upon completion
- Scheduling depositions, hearings, mediations, client meetings
- Screening client calls and gathering client intake information
- Perform conflict checks
- Other duties as assigned
For physical demands of this position, see Human Resources. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Contact KMK@esclaw.com.