The Marketing Director will create and build client relationships within the local and surrounding markets. This position will help support the Firm’s business development initiatives with a goal of driving and growing revenue.
Submit your resume and cover letter to HR@esclaw.com.
- Medical, Vision & Dental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Group Life Insurance/LTD
- Paid Holidays
- Wellness Program
- Tuition Reimbursement
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- An undergraduate degree with a specialization in business or marketing, or a field equivalent is required.
- A minimum of five years of business development/marketing experience is required.
- Experience in a law firm or professional services firm is preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Proven track record of driving successful revenue-building initiatives. Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously. Requires self-direction, tact, diplomacy, and a clear, courteous, and professional manner when dealing with the public. Must demonstrate effective oral and written communication skills and the ability to work cooperatively with staff and attorneys. Ability to understand financial reports including budgetary guidelines and project expenditures. Independent judgment to determine project guidelines, purpose, follow-through, and completion. Must be client service oriented.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with practice groups and sections to determine effective, detailed approaches to pursuing new business while driving the follow-up and implementation.
- Perform market research and analysis.
- Develop and pursue leads for new business in various Emmanuel, Sheppard & Condon practice areas, industries, and regions.
- Review research and analysis of individuals, companies, industries, and competitors to determine a strategy for outreach.
- Assist in the development of brochures or other print or electronic materials to market firm services.
- Help develop new areas of focus that will capitalize on market, regulatory and industry changes so that the firm is on the forefront of anticipating client needs.
- Serve as the business development liaison to firm-wide practice groups and sections to help establish and carry out viable marketing plans.
- Develop marketing collateral for new business opportunities and client meetings.
- Look for opportunities or sponsorships that will enhance publicity for the firm.
- Plan and coordinate special marketing activities for the firm (i.e. seminars, luncheons, special meetings, and receptions).
- Market the firm’s ability to provide seminars and accept speaking engagements for the firm’s attorneys. Closely coordinate all activities with the attorney(s) involved and the scheduled engagement.
- Coach attorneys on business development, including personal marketing plans and help attorneys focus on practical, effective deliverables.
- Evaluate and track existing and potential business development initiatives across the Firm.
- Work closely with our marketing agency to develop, design, update, evaluate and promote the Firm’s websites. Evaluate internet listing opportunities to promote the firm. Remain informed about the latest technology, programs, initiatives, and laws concerning e-commerce.
- Perform such other tasks as may be assigned by the Firm Administrator.
For physical demands of this position, see Human Resources. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Contact HR@esclaw.com.