Rick has been board-certified in real estate law by The Florida Bar since 1991. His practice is concentrated in real estate transactions, development, leasing, and lending. Rick joined Emmanuel, Sheppard & Condon in 2004 and is a former Director and the former Practice Group Leader of the Commercial Section. Previously, Rick practiced in Tampa, where for 12 years he focused on representing local, regional and national developers and lenders in a variety of commercial real estate transactions. Immediately prior to joining Emmanuel, Sheppard & Condon, Rick was an in-house real estate lawyer with Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc. in Jacksonville, Florida. His practice at Winn-Dixie included extensive leasing and shopping center development work. He was also involved with the real estate aspects of the Company’s corporate financings.
- Attorney, Emmanuel Sheppard & Condon, 2004
- Attorney, In-House Counsel, Winn-Dixie Stores, Inc., 1996
- Sole Practitioner, Patrick G. Emmanuel, Jr., 1992
- Attorney/Partner, Taub & Williams, P.A., 1984
- Florida State University, College of Law, J.D., 1983
- Florida A&M University, Community Psychology, M.S., 1980
- Florida State University, Rehabilitation Counseling, M.S., 1975
- University of Florida, Psychology, B.A., 1973
- Florida Bar
- All Florida State Courts, 1984
Professional & Community Affiliations
- The Florida Bar
- Member, Real Property, Probate & Trust Law Section
- Past Member, Landlord Tenant Committee
- Past Member, Mobile Home & RV Park Committee
- Past Member, Unlicensed Practice of Law Committee
- Northside Centers, Inc., Past Member and President of the Board of Directors
- Escambia Community Clinics, Inc., Past Member Board of Directors
- Leadership Pensacola Alumni Association, Inc., Past Member, Board of Directors
- United Way, Past Funding Panel Member
- NAIOP Northwest Florida Chapter, Past Board Member
- Fiesta of Five Flags, Past Board Member
- Old Republic National Title Insurance Co., Inc.
- Chicago Title Insurance Co.
- First American Land Title Insurance Co.
- Fidelity National Title Group
- Westcor Land Title Insurance Co.
Recognition & Awards
- Florida Super Lawyer, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020: Named one of Florida’s top lawyers, as chosen by his peers, blue ribbon panel review, and through the Independent Research of Law and Politics, a distinction reserved for the top 5% of Florida attorneys in their respective areas of practice.
- AV Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- Board-Certified Real Estate Lawyer, The Florida Bar