Our firm is in need of a legal assistant in our Pensacola office to enhance attorney effectiveness by providing information management support; representing the attorney to clients and others. Assist attorney(s) with preparation of legal documents, correspondence, etc. Perform general secretarial duties such as filing/scanning, transcription, time keeping, scheduling, and answering phones. Competitive pay and benefits package. Full time.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or the equivalent. Two years of law firm legal assistant experience preferred.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Strong typing skills and the ability to operate general office equipment such as telephone, copy and fax machines. Familiarity with legal terminology and procedures. Experience with case management software preferred. Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task. Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite applications. Must have good written and interpersonal communication skills.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics; coordinating case preparation.
- Filing and electronic filing
- Client contact/client relations
- Drafting letters/pleadings/orders
- Editing and proofreading documents
- Time entry
- Set up new files and close files upon completion
- Scheduling depositions, hearings, mediations, client meetings
- Screening client calls and gathering client intake information
- Perform conflict checks
- Other duties as assigned
For physical demands of this position see Human Resources. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable persons with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.